|bap. 21 Nov. 1593 in Southbroom
Married 1st Margareta, daughter and coheir of George Worthley of Buckington, Wilts. on 13 april 1622,
2nd Anne, daughter of Sir Henry Lind, Kt.
Will proved 2 Feb. 1668.
|It seems that Margaret Worthley died young without issue, and Robert remarried
Robert Nicholas and Anne Lind had issue:
Robert Nicholas Ni14-1-2-1-1-1 was the first Recorder of Devizes under Charles I and made Baron of the Exchequer in 1654 about the time of the demise of his distant cousin of the same name, who had acted in the position before.
|There is the following record at: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp?compid=16114&strquery=Nicholas%20Roundway#s2
"....In 1560 the Edington manor, having passed to the Crown at the Dissolution, was granted to George Worth of Dauntsey. (fn. 82) He died the following year leaving an infant son George, (fn. 83) who held Bulkington for over 60 years. His only son Edward died in his father's lifetime leaving five sisters to succeed to the property. (fn. 84) George Worth promised Robert Nicholas of Roundway, husband of his daughter Margaret, that she should have her share of it, (fn. 85) but in 1625 he settled the whole manor on the issue of his daughter Isabel when she married Francis Merewether of Market Lavington. (fn. 86) In spite of the opposition of at least one of the other sisters, (fn. 87) Merewether held Bulkington until 1649, when he sold the manor, except the capital house and demesnes, to Samuel Sheppard of Bisley (Glos.). (fn. 88) In 1657, and again in 1661, Sheppard sold parts of the manor in fee, reserving only quit-rents and suit of court. (fn. 89) By 1692 more land had been sold to Stephen Flower, (fn. 90) and a large part of the manor may have been disposed of in this way. The subsequent descent of what manorial rights remained has not been traced until, in the mid-18th century, they were claimed by the Mortimer family of Trowbridge, owners of Pinkney Farm in Keevil; they apparently consisted then only of quit-rents amounting to about £6. (fn. 91) In 1745, however, Edward Mortimer also held a farm of about 55 a. in Bulkington. (fn. 92) It passed to his daughter Mary, wife of Isaac Elton of Bristol. Their grandson sold his Bulkington property c. 1814, mostly to the Revd. Thomas Gaisford. (fn. 93)...."