Sir Humphrey de Bohun, 2nd Earl of Hereford, was the son of Henry de Bohun (Bo25), 1st Earl of Hereford and Matilda de Mandeville
Married: Maud de Lusignan, daughter of Ralph Count d'Eu (Eu24) (?Fitzgeoffrey de Ewe) and Alice d'Eu.
Died: 24th Sep 1275
The de Bohun Coat of Arms:
|He succeeded his father as Earl of Hereford, and possessing the honor of Essex through his mother, was created Earl of that county by Henry III, at whose marriage he performed the office of marshal in the king's house, and in three years afterwards in the year 1239, was one of the godfathers at the font, for Edward, eldest son of the King, there being no less than nine sponsors on the occasion, five temporal and four spiritual lords. He was Lord High Constable of England. In 1250 he took up the cross and proceeded to the Holy Land. In three years afterwards, he was present, with other peers, when that formal curse was denounced in Westminster Hall, with bell, book, and candle, against the violators of the Magna Charta; in which year he founded the church of the Fryers Augustines, in Broad-street, within the city of London. In the great contest between the King and the barons, he fought for the latter at Evesham, where he was taken prisoner, but he did not long continue in bondage, for we find him soon after again in favor, and receiving new grants from the crown.|
|and had issue:
He married (2) Maud of Avenbury. He died September 24, 1275.