The place where words multiply meaning.
multiwords.de Besucherzahl seit the 5. Aug. 2007:
translator, pensioner, power producer
Telefon: 0341 3310800
Lortzing St. 8,
|Petition to the Saxon delegate conference,
by Dr. William Hester, email@example.com
The representative the Bündnis90/Grünen in the Bundestag and Saxon provincial Parliament should endeavor to include the following stipulations in the federal and Saxon building laws and budget planning:
For new buildings and renovation projects, which include the replacement of roof beams, the roof form should be designed or changed, so that
1. the area facing south is optimized for mounting photovoltaic and solar heating panels,
2. the roof protection against flying embers and radient heat is rendered by covered with suitable panels of such types,
3. the wall height on the south side the top floor should have a minimum height of at least 1 m in order to allow use as dwelling space ,
4. the ridges of saddle rooves should not be built in north/south direction, but rather east/west,
5. for lots with border lines running at a greater angle than 20° to the east/west line, an asymmetrical roof form should be built, optimize the gain in solar energy,
6. micro wind power units rotors with less than 3 m diameter and noise level less than 44 dB should be mounted,
7. the installation of accumulator units is mandatory to make the electric power available when it is needed by the public power mains, and
8. the erection of charging stations for E-vehicles at street sides, if the lot borders on a street.
9. for other houses, commercial buildings and other built up areas with suitable roof areas the city and town administrations are to be empowered and obligated to order that photovoltaic and micro wind Power units be installed, as long as the local power needs are not otherwise supplied by renewable energy forms.
10. the federal and provincial governments should provide adequate financing for this without narrow minded bank loan policies.
If we want to end our dependence on coal, oil and nuclear power, the production of renewable energy must be increased as quickly as possible.
The erection of wind and solar parks at the expense of forest and agricultural areas must also be minimizeed,
the supply of food and conversion of CO2 to oxygen must be secured. So all built up areas must be utilized for renewable energy.
In recent years countless new buildings have been built and renovation projects carried out without these measures for improving renewable energy, because the city adminstrations and powers in the city councils want to keep power production firmly in the hands of the power companies and advocates of the coal industry. This must be stopped. We have to get up on everyone´s roof with these measures!
But the profitability of the needed investment presents a degree of risk for the economy and the private households.
Photovoltaic and wind power systems need about 10 years to pay off,
and the life expectancy of accumulators is not necessarily 10 years. So the state has to bear risk of investment, for the transition in energy politics is clearly in the public interest.